Planting Instructions – Bradford Greenhouses Garden Gallery
Skip to content
Do you have...
- A Shovel?
- Garden Gallery Triple Mix Soil?
- Garden Gallery Plant Starter Fertilizer?
- Dig hole twice the width of the container.
- Remove the plastic container and twine before planting. Fibre container should be sliced on the sides and top rim removed (do not disturb the root system).
- Set the ball of the plant so the top of the ball is slightly above ground level.
- Fill hole with a planting mixture consisting of 50% native soil and 50% Garden Gallery Triple Mix Soil.
- Soak the plant thoroughly to eliminate air pockets.
- Fertilize the plant with Garden Gallery Plant Starter Fertilizer.
- Cover the area with 2-3” of mulch, leaving 2” around the trunk free of mulch.
- Follow up with Garden Gallery Plant Starter Fertilizer in 2 weeks, and again 2 weeks after that.
- Give tree, shrub or evergreen a thorough soaking with water after planting, immediately followed by an application of Garden Gallery Plant Starter.
- Water deeply once a week in cool weather. In hot or windy conditions water twice a week or as needed.
- Water weekly until the ground feezes.
- Give perennials a thorough soaking with water after planting, immediately followed by an application of Garden Gallery Plant Starter Fertilizer.
- Water every second or third day until established.
- Check containers daily and water until water runs through the drainage holes in the pot.
- Fertilize with Garden Gallery Flower Gro every two weeks during growing season.